FAQ & Answers
When can I resume my activities and what are general post care instructions for my non-surgical cosmetic procedures?
You are able to resume most regular daily activities after leaving the office but here are some general guidelines after undergoing filler injections:
- Injection sites may appear swollen for several days following treatment. Use ice and gentle pressure as needed for the first two days. (20 minutes four times a day).
- You may develop large bruises at injection sites. This may take several days to resolve. It is okay to cover with makeup.
- Keep your head elevated for 24 hours following treatment. Use multiple pillows behind your neck and back when sleeping the first night.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours following treatment.
- Avoid rubbing treated areas for 48 hours after treatment.
- You can take over the counter Tylenol for any discomfort but do not take any Aspirin, Advil, or other NSAIDS like Ibuprofen.
- You can shower the night of the procedure. If you take any NSAIDS (Aspirin, Advil, or Ibuprofen), you can restart them in 2 days.
Dr. Christopher Zoumalan is a board-certified oculoplastic surgeon in Beverly Hills, specializing in aesthetic and reconstructive oculoplastic surgery. Dr. Zoumalan is passionate about helping patients reach their ideal aesthetic and restore functionality with the leading cosmetic eyelid surgery, reconstructive eyelid surgery, and non-surgical cosmetic procedures. Dr. Zoumalan has been featured on several television shows and has traveled the world as a trusted oculoplastic specialist. Browse the video gallery below to learn more about oculoplastic procedures and treatments.