When can I resume my activities and what are general post care instructions for my non-surgical cosmetic procedures?
You are able to resume most regular daily activities after leaving the office but here are some general guidelines after undergoing filler injections:
- Injection sites may appear swollen for several days following treatment. Use ice and gentle pressure as needed for the first two days. (20 minutes four times a day).
- You may develop large bruises at injection sites. This may take several days to resolve. It is okay to cover with makeup.
- Keep your head elevated for 24 hours following treatment. Use multiple pillows behind your neck and back when sleeping the first night.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours following treatment.
- Avoid rubbing treated areas for 48 hours after treatment.
- You can take over the counter Tylenol for any discomfort but do not take any Aspirin, Advil, or other NSAIDS like Ibuprofen.
- You can shower the night of the procedure. If you take any NSAIDS (Aspirin, Advil, or Ibuprofen), you can restart them in 2 days.